Tom Hofheimer, of blessed memory, was a great leader in the Tidewater Jewish community. His love of Israel and its future was a guiding force until his last day.
Tom was instrumental in getting an Israeli physician exchange in place with doctors from Eastern Virginia Medical School. In his honor and memory, the Tom Hofheimer Fund was established, and this fund has made it possible for Tom’s dream to continue.
The Tidewater Jewish Foundation joins Tom’s family in honoring the 30th anniversary of his death, and his contributions to our world.
3/20/15: Tom Hofheimer Revisited
4/17/15: Tom Hofheimer Medical Mission
5/15/15: Tom Hofheimer Medical Mission Part 3
To learn more about Hofheimer missions, click here to search the Jewish News archives.
To make a donation to the Tom Hofheimer Fund, click here. This is the perfect way to honor or pay tribute to a family member or friend!
HOFHEIMER TIMELINE OF EVENTS
- 2015 - Hineni Trip #4 (22 Participants)
- 2014 - ODU Study Abroad Mission (Students & Faculty)
- 2013 - Hineni Trip #3 (12 Participants)
- 2011 - Hineni Trip #2 (14 Participants)
- 2009 - Hineni Trip #1 (18 Participants)
- 2009 - Pledged to help Fund the HAT Nurse for 3 years
- 2007 - International Symposium in Tel Aviv between CHKD and Schneider’s Children Medical Center
- 2006 - Esteria Surgery
- 2005 - Grant given to WAORT “Sunflowers Program”
- 2004 - Pledged to fund the construction of JCC
- 2004 - 2nd Medical Mission to Romania; Discovered Esteria and Shulie
- 2003 - Extended ORT Israel Grant for a 2nd year
- 2002 - 1st Medical Mission to Romania
- 2001 - Funded ORT Israel Grant for Counseling Center
- 2000 - JFS Grant to develop a Children’s Grief, Loss and Transition Center
- 1999 - Sponsored 4 pediatric emergency medicine RN’s from Schneider’s Medical Centers in Israel
- 1998 - Funded Israeli doctor to Intern at CHKD for 6 months
- 1997 - Sponsored 1st Pediatric Symposium with Schneider Children’s Medical Center and CHKD
- 1995 - Sponsored Mission to Israel to explore establishing a dental Internship with MCV
- 1994 - Funded a Nationwide Conference on “Childhood Development” in Bersheva
- 1993 - Sponsored medical professionals from Israel to study at Kluge Center at UVA
- 1992 - Symposium on Feeding and the Disabled Child with UVA Kluge Medical Center (click here to read the article)
- 1991 - Sponsored medical professionals from Israel to study at Kluge Center at UVA
- 1989 - Sponsored a Symposium on Adaptive Seating for the Disabled Child known as Magical Chairs with Alyn Children’s Orthopedic Hospital, Jerusalem (click here to read the article)
- 1987 - Sponsored a Shock and Trauma Symposium
- 1985 - Began an exchange program of 14 Israeli Plastic Surgeons with EVMS Fellows (click here to read the article)
If you have any questions, please contact Scott Kaplan at email@example.com or 757.965.6109