Women's Advocacy Resources:
- Jewish Women Watching is an online organization that rouses the public to challenge and change sexist and oppressive practices in the Jewish community. You can learn more about their mission and activities at www.jewishwomenwatching.com.
- Women’s Media Center works with the media to ensure that women’s stories are told and women’s voices are heard. www.womensmediacenter.com
- Step Up Women’s Network is a national, nonprofit membership organization dedicated to connecting and advancing women and girls. They offer mentorship, networking, and advancement programs to ensure women and girls have the opportunities they need to create a better future. www.suwn.org.
- Girls Inc. is a network of non-profits responding to the changing needs of girls and their communities through research-based programs and advocacy that empower girls to reach their full potential and to understand, value, and assert their rights. www.girlsinc.org
- Girls for Change empowers girls to create social change. Their programs inspire girls to have the voice, ability, and problem solving capacity to speak up, be decision makers, create visionary change, and realize their full potential. www.girlsforachange.org
- The White House Project advances women’s leadership at all levels by filling the leadership pipeline with a richly diverse, critical mass of women. www.thewhitehouseproject.org
- International Museum of Women inspires global action, connects people across borders and transforms hearts and minds by amplifying the voices of women worldwide through global online exhibitions, history, the arts, and cultural programs that educate, create dialogue, and build community. www.imow.org
- Missrepresentation.org is a call-to-action campaign that seeks to empower women and girls to challenge limiting labels in order to realize their potential, and to encourage men and boys to stand up to sexism. The website is chock-full or resources. www.missrepresentation.org.
- 614 HBI eZine is an on-line magazine published by Hadassah Brandeis Institute that addresses contemporary issues of interest or concern to Jewish Women. Often controversial and always cutting-edge, topics featured in this eZine include issues like: the ethics of Jewish egg donation; toxic friendships; and do women need to marry to find their “happily ever afters?” The Jewish Women’s Salon uses the eZine as a springboard for various discussions. You can access the eZine from our own webpage: www.jewishwomenssalon.org or from the Hadassah Brandeis website www.brandeis.edu/hbi/614
- The Jewish Women’s Salon webpage provides you with links to 614 eZine, our Facebook Page and our Online Discussion Forum, including a tutorial on how to post to the forum. The page will also connect you to information about upcoming women’s events, and stories and photos from past events. www.jewishwomenssalon.org
Click here to see the latest issue of the 614 HBI eZine