The Stein Family College Scholarship is an annual grant for students in the Hampton Roads area that provides a scholarship of up to $10,000 a year for college tuition. Subsequent years will see added scholarships for a sophomore, junior, and senior, such that a qualifying and re-qualifying entering freshman may be awarded up to a maximum of $40,000 towards his/her college education.
This scholarship is dedicated in loving memory of Arlene Stein, wife of Gerald Stein and mother of Steve, Lisa, Craig and Debbie.
The 2014-2015 Stein Family College Scholarship application is now available. Access the online application here.
Review the scholarship guidelines here.
The deadline for all applications is APRIL 1, 2014.
- Scholarship applicants must be Jewish and be current residents of Hampton Roads (Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Suffolk, Isle of Wight County, Hampton, Newport News, and the Peninsula).
- Applicants must be high school graduates entering a degree-granting institution within the United States for the first time as a full-time, degree-seeking student. The institution must participate in theFederal Student Aid Program (Title IV).
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Applicant must demonstrate academic ability, concern for school and both the Jewish and general communities through extracurricular activities and volunteer service, and note any unusual circumstances that make the applicant more worthy of consideration.
- Applicant must show substantiated financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
To determine need, all students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.com so that the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) may be determined. FAFSA applications for the 2013-2014 academic year are available January 1, 2013. Students are encouraged to complete this application as soon as possible; federal funds are limited and distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
Click here to understand more about the FAFSA.
If you have any questions regarding the Stein Family College Scholarship, please contact Shelby Tudor, Donor Services Manager, at (757) 965-6105 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dinar Yusufov, 2013 Recipient
Marissa Arager, 2011 Recipient
Eric Smith, 2010 Recipient
Morgan Conley, 2009 Recipient