The United Jewish Federation of Tidewater supports our partners on the front lines who provide direct support. Together we strengthen them so they can care for those in need and inspire and engage Jews in our community, in Israel and around the world.
Get involved. Donate. Volunteer.
Make a gift to the United Jewish Federation of Tidewater's Annual Campaign and you'll see.
Give Now or Call Us at 757-965-6100
Doing a World of Good.
Together, we care for the needy here at home and provide a safety net for the most vulnerable in our community. All over the world, Federation is helping people in need and inspiring our Jewish future. Whether promoting Israel travel experiences, helping the unemployed live with dignity or supporting families with special needs, together we do a world of good.
Our Community. Our Inspiration.
Caring for people in need here at home, in Israel and in communities around the world is at the core of what Jewish Federation is all about. Requests for both housing and food assistance have increased this past year. But there is something you can do.
Every gift makes a difference.
The impact is real. It is tangible. And it changes lives for the better. It's easier to find work if you're no longer hungry. It's easier to break out of the cycle of poverty if you have access to community training centers. Whether it's here in Tidewater, in Israel, or in Eastern Europe, we must help those who need it most.
What do you care about? Poverty? Hunger? Jewish Identity? Chances are the UJFT supports a program that will touch your heart. Find out how we have embraced and answered the call from those who needed help:
- Embracing Judaism Through PJ Library
- Food, Poetry and Memories Bring Elderly Ukrainians Together
The Impact of Your Donation:
- $18 delivers one session of group therapy for a teenager
- $40 delivers a meal to a local community Seder
- $50 buys new toys and books for a child development center
- $100 pays for an art program for an autistic preschooler
- $365 delivers 6-months worth of diapers for a needy family
- $400 allows for a four-week bikkur cholim (visiting the sick) training session for a congregation
- $750 provides for the funeral costs for a Jewish family that could not afford it
Thanks to you, the Tidewater Jewish community is strong. Together, we make a change in the lives of people here at home and around the world.